Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ok, Ok!!!

Ok! So, I know that it has been a while since my last blog. Life sort of gets you sometimes. You go about your business, then look up and wonder how you got to where you are. I often wonder that. There has been a lot of soul searching lately. I have fallen in love with Hebrews 12:1-3 all over again. "Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." I think that it was the theme verse for my very first beach project. I also ran across 2 Corinthians 4:18. "So we fix our eyes on not what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." I have known these versus for a while, memorized them, but it has been a refreshment in the Word that I haven't felt in a while.

I have been struggling for a long time. I have been honestly too embarrassed of the situation that I have placed myself in to even want to talk about to people that have known me in the past. I let my certification lapse, so I can't teach until I take three classes. One minute I have the money to go, but no car to get there. Now I have a car, but no money to get the classes.
Things will eventually come together I know it will. Patience. I have always been a patient person, I guess it is one of the virtues that I was granted, but aaahhhh! I want so much for my girls. They are beautiful and smart. and sweet and bad and hard headed and I LOVE THEM! I have to tell the no sooo much. No, you can't have that and no, you can't go there and no, but maybe next week. I am sick of No's.

So, needless to say these two verses have helped me just to stay focused on the ONE who knows the right direction to go. I don't know where this life will take me, but He knows.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Angie,
So glad to see you blogging again! Ahhh, those verses are true refreshment for the soul. I've been thinking alot about faith, hope, and trust lately. Like what it really looks like to dare to believe things can be different, y'know? Your "yes" is on the horizon.
Jackie

Danny and Jennifer White said...

I love you and I so enjoyed talking with you today.It's so funny that you wrote those verses.I am sure tey are the same ones you wrote in a journal you made for me so many years ago.We serve the same God now as then and he is faithful.Hang in there!