Monday, July 14, 2008

The Very Beginning

I will not go into specific details, but I went through a 10 year long abusive relationship. My dad disowned me for very racist and stupid reasons. (Had three beautiful daughters that are bi-racial). I say oh well! It's his lose, definetly not mine. The man that I was with verbally and physically abused me. He brained washed me into thinking that I had to put up with everything he was dishing out because noone else would want me. My self-esteem was never the best. I knew that sex before marriage was wrong, but I guess I thought that the damage was done. I realized finally that I have to be an example for my girls. They need someone to look up to. I could never forgive myself if I was the reason that they thought that it was ok to put up with all of the things that I put up with. I have been gathering strength for a while now, but it's hard to convince those around me that I have. It's a daily stuggle now. I have fallen a long way, but I will rise. I will be the one that my girls can look to. I will be the one that will guide them in the direction of the ultimate example. They are my world. Everything happens for a reason. I have learned a hard lesson. The cycle of abuse stops with me. I know the truth. The truth that the Lord is good always! In good times and in bad rejoice. I have seen rough times and I have ran in the other direction, but He has called my name, and I will answer.

No comments: