Thursday, July 31, 2008

What! Baby

Don’t know what a “What!” baby is, I have had three of them. You know the moment that you tell someone that you are pregnant they go “What!”, with a huge look of surprise mixed with disappointment. I always wanted one of those wonderful “Congratulations” babies-the ones that are accompanied by a huge smile and hug, but haven’t had one. It’s a good thing that God loves us all equally, and we aren’t judged on whether we are “What” babies or “Congratulations” babies. Jeremiah 1:5 says “ Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart:”

Psalm 139:13-15 says
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my
mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully
made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame
was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes
saw my unformed body.”

See, God knew each one of us individually before we were even in the womb. Each one of us has a plan and a purpose. The over simplification of these two things is “To know God and to make Him known.” I say simplification because to know God is a life long journey.

1 comment:

Danny and Jennifer White said...

Angie,
God doesn't view your babies as "what babies." Like the scripture states he is the one who formed them in your womb. they are here for a purpose and so are you. thanks for your honesty. We need to set up a time to talk.